Customer Information System
Effortless journeys begin at the station.
Our Customer Information System provides passengers with a new level of clarity, providing intelligent information quickly and intuitively.
KeTech’s Customer Information Systems deliver clear, up-to-date information on stations and platforms. Our systems provide the latest updates in real-time so passengers can make better informed decisions about their journey.
At KeTech we believe there should be confidence in rail, this starts at the station. On arrival, the first thing customers look for is a Customer Information Screen to provide them with faultless information, fast.
Our Customer Information System (CIS) is a channel that provides passengers with rich real-time information and gives operators a platform to control and communicate key messages. Years of experience in CIS have allowed KeTech to design a real-time, fully intuitive CIS that can be easily understood by a broad range of users.
Like all our systems, KeTech’s CIS was designed with customer experience at the forefront, resulting in a system that exceeds user needs on stations. Our system provides clear, real-time journey and platform information that is integrated with PA announcements for a consistent experience, improves passenger flow and safety throughout busy stations; with features including facilities information, holding passengers in waiting areas to avoid overcrowding and informing passengers of the time it will take to get to the platform from the current location.
Developed with full Darwin integration and multiple other data feeds, the system acts autonomously supplying precise travel information removing the need for operator intervention. Operators can easily gain manual control of the system to distribute audio and visual messages in just a couple of clicks. KeTech’s integration experience allows us to utilise and re-use existing equipment in a “wrap and embrace” process.
- Fully integrated into PA and display control
- Special alert notices
- Destination information – calling points and connections
- Delay information with times and reasons
- Scalable from single station to large estate (< than 400 stations)
- Cloud or local hosting compatible
Enhanced System Information
- Train capacity and seat availability
- Car park capacity
- Other feeds by request
- Real-time Darwin information
- Utilises open standards
- Future proof modular design
- Seamless interface to legacy systems
- Fully automated
- Low data requirements
- Station hardware health diagnostic
- Intuitive user control interface
- Tailored control room interface
- Manual mode for times of disruption
- Single or multiple stations driven from a central controller
- Multiple data source feeds for back-up
- Multi-modal interface
- Multilingual capabilities
- Interface with other KeTech products
- Disruption mode
- Full support for splitting and joining services
- Disruption down the line
- Web based display support
Multiple Data Sources
- Train describers
- Latest Microsoft visual technologies
- LAN/WAN/Wireless uniform IP Solution
- Standard COTS PC platform
- PA amplification equipment
- IP over CAT5e (intelligent displays)
- Legacy equipment: (DVCs, Flip-Dot, LCD, etc.)
- LED displays – XSDS, TDP, plus discrete manufacturer legacy serial standards
- Serial standards, RS232, RS422, Multi-drop RS485
Intelligence runs in the family
Our products work even better together.
Passenger Information System
Driver Only Operated CCTV
Universal Information System
Connected Driver Advisory System